July 19, 2022
Wilson Combat has announced a new line of “retro” style 1911 CQB model 1911 handguns to commemorate its 45th Anniversary. The new line is modeled after the Wilson Combat 1911s built in the 1970s and 1980s that put them on the map as a premium manufacturer of the 1911.
There are a lot of retro features you’ll find in the new line that include a traditional Bo-Mar style adjustable, rear sight with a staked, ramp front sight. A traditional upswept, retro grip safety, Commander style hammer and Swenson-style ambidextrous thumb safety round out the traditional look that makes Wilson Combat 1911s stand out.
The custom 45th Anniversary 1911s will feature a fully hand-polished deluxe blue finish and boast desert ironwood grips with 30 lines-per-inch checkering. There are many custom touches, like the 5-inch, hand-fit match-grade barrel and bushing, crisp 3.5- to 4.5-pound, three-hole trigger and Wilson Combat Bullet Proof mag release.
The 45th Anniversary 1911 is available in both 9mm and .45 ACP calibers, and they do feature a few modern touches, too. The rear, forward-angled cocking serrations are a nice tough that show this “retro” handgun is up to date with the modern standard. Built to celebrate 45 years of Wilson Combat excellency, these are a very limited run. To learn more, visit wilsoncombat.com.
Wilson Combat 45th Anniversary Special Edition CQB Specs
- Type: Hammer-fired, semiautomatic
- Caliber: 9mm, .45 ACP
- Capacity: 8+1 rds.
- Barrel: 5-in., stainless match-grade
- Weight: 40.5 oz.
- OAL: 8.7 in.
- Construction: Carbon steel frame
- Finish: Wilson Combat Deluxe Blue
- Grips: Desert Ironwood, beveled bottom
- Sights: Bo-Mar (rear), black serrated (front)
- Safeties: Retro Bullet Proof beavertail grip safety, ambi thumb
- Trigger: 3.5-4.5 lbs.
- MSRP: $4,000 (.45 ACP), $4,100 (9mm)
- Manufacturer: Wilson Combat, wilsoncombat.com