The new G42 takes the cake for Glocks smallest pistol to date. The G42 is still classic Glock design though, albeit a scaled down version of its larger brethren. It maintains all of the same great attributes Glock is known for, such as: simplicity, natural grip-angle, low bore-axis, intuitively placed controls, and reliability. One feature of particular note retained from the originals is the Glock Safe Action System trigger. This new pistol maintains the same trigger consistency, pull weight and safety features found in the models you're already familiar with.
The slim design of the G42 fits the hands of any shooter; specifically it gives those with smaller hands a comfortable option like they've never seen before. Most compact pistols have been shunned because they're too small and are not comfortable to shoot. The new G42 won't share that reputation. It doesn't feel like you're grasping the pistol with only two fingers, and thanks to an integral beavertail, the backstrap and slide won't feel as though they'll dig into your hand each time the pistol cycles. Another benefit of the beavertail is that it helps set your grip from the draw, allowing for consistent firing-hand placement each time you draw the pistol. Most of the shooting/carrying population will feel as though they have full control of this pistol, especially under recoil. All of this translates into a very dependable package.
- Length (overall): 151 mm / 5.94 in.
- Length (slide cpl.): 146 mm / 5.75 in.
- Width: 24 mm / 0.94 in.
- Height (with magazine): 105 mm / 4.13 in.
- Barrel length: 82.5 mm / 3.25 in.
- Length of twist: 250 mm / 9.84 in.
- Trigger distance: 61 mm / 2.40 in.
- Trigger travel: 12.5 mm / .49 in.
- Barrel distance: 18 mm / 0.71 in.
- Line of sight (polymer): 125 mm / 4.92 in.
- Pistol without magazine: 350 g / 12.35 oz.
- Magazine std. empty: 40 g / 1.41 oz.
- Magazine std. full: 57 g / 2.01 oz.
- Magazine Capacity (rounds): 6
- Barrel Profile: right hand twist; hexagonal
- Standard Trigger Pull: ~5.62 lbs.
- Muzzle Velocity*: 886 fps
- Muzzle Energy*: 162 fps
*Dependent on ammunition
If you're in the market for a compact .380 pistol for deep concealment or an option for a carry backup or a backup to the backup, the new G42 deserves a hard look.
Check out our exclusive first look photos and video with Team Glock Captain KC Eusebio.